Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Recipe Winner

I just *invented* a recipe....sort-of. A salad dressing at a party last week needed some help, and I added a few ingredients and...... *BAM*!!!

Cherry Apple Coleslaw With Lime-Yogurt Dressing


Assemble in bowl:
2 c. shredded cabbage
1 cup chopped apples (or more, if you like it sweeter)
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup chopped parsley (fresh, not dried)
1/3 cup chopped scallions



Dressing:
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup sour cream
Juice of 1 lime 
(add more lime juice if the consistency is too creamy. I used homemade yogurt, so mine was more runny and a bit more tart to begin with)


zest of 1 lime
sugar to taste
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste


These measurements are approximate. I made this up as I went. Feel free to tweak amounts as needed!

Thanks to Maru Allegre for the amazing recipe, too....it was INSANELY good with the cherries and extra lime!!

No comments:

Post a Comment