Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine's Day Approaches.

My mom always celebrated Valentine's Day faithfully and with finesse in our household. We might skip birthday parties and just have dinner and cake at home (since there were five of us) but Valentine's Day was an easy excuse to party hearty.

If we weren't building a home and possibly moving into it on the week of Valentine's Day, I might be celebrating as well. Instead, my heart will just warm at the thought of a day set aside to honor.......

Eros:
Romantic love
Agape:
Unconditional, sacrificial love
Storge:
Affection --can be felt towards an object or animal
Phileo:
Brotherly love, companionship

These are my quick-draw-from-memory definitions based on C.S. Lewis' "The Four Loves"



I want to celebrate each kind of love in the upcoming days with quotes and thoughts. Let's see how faithful I can be to Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment